Actions and Detail Panel
Learn to love public speaking and presentations
Fri, July 14, 2017, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM BST
Transform your ability to engage and influence an audience at this workshop with communications trainer Ryan Millar
The most interesting presentation in the world will have zero effect if the audience isn’t paying attention. During this masterclass with comedian and communications trainer Ryan Millar, you’ll learn how to deliver a presentation with confidence – and even enjoy the experience.
This interactive class is ideal for people who have to present or pitch as part of their job, from entrepreneurs to business professionals and freelancers. Over the course of the day, you’ll learn techniques that will help you to engage and influence an audience, whether you’re pitching to a client, speaking up in a meeting or a delivering a presentation.
- Expert tips on how to overcome stage fright – and become more comfortable when presenting to a group of people
- Techniques to improve your public speaking skills – including two-way communication, story structuring and body language
- Advice on how to prepare and deliver presentations successfully
- How to engage, influence and persuade an audience
- Anecdotes and stories – how to use them to best effect
- Preparation v flexibility
- Tricks for speaking fluently “off the cuff”
- Practical exercises to put what you’ve learned into practice
Ryan Millar is a comedian, presenter and communications trainer. Over nearly twenty years in the field, he has worked with performers and improv groups all over the US and Europe, and regularly provides communications training for individuals and organisations. Ryan is the host of Amsterdam’s most popular storytelling event My True Story, and is currently writing his first book on improvisation. He tweets @millar.