Actions and Detail Panel
Learn to read the Bible effectively
Thu, 15 Sep 2016, 19:45 – Thu, 13 Oct 2016, 21:30 BST
Free five week course of Bible workshops
The Bible is the world's best selling book but by no means the easiest to read and understand. Many people do not know where to start, or are put off by its size and age.
- Is it best read from cover to cover or dipped into as a reference book?
- Which translation is the most accurate?
- Is all of it relevant or can some of it be discarded?
This free course, consisting of five evening classes, will explore the Bible and its background and provide guidance on how to approach it in order to read it effectively. Topics include:
- A basic overview of the Bible
- Useful study tools
- Using cross references
- How we got the Bible
- Bible terminology
- Why are there two Testaments?
- Bible history
- The role of prophecy
- Much more!
Classes are to be held in Room 2 at the Hatters Space Community Centre in Nuneaton at 7:45pm on consecutive Thursdays throughout September and Octiber. The timetable is as follows:
- Thursday September 15th - Introduction and how to approach the Bible
- Thursday September 22nd - The purpose of the Bible
- Thursday September 29th - The Old Testament
- Thursday October 6th - The New Testament
- Thursday October 13th - The relevance of the Bible today