Learn to sew
Sunday, 12 August 2012 from 13:30 to 16:30 (BST)
This is a class for those budding, young novices with the ambition to learn how to sew. Here, I will teach you the basics of sewing, enough for you to come away with a gorgeous tote bag. This is a 3 hour class. Here, you will learn:
- how to thread the machine;
- how to wind the bobbin;
- straight stitch, turn corners and back stitch;
- how to strengthen those seams using binding;
- how to make and attach straps to your tote.
* All materials will be provided. So all you have to do is bring yourself.
When & Where
Kuku Big Bag
Kuku Big Bag is a brand of uncomplicated leather bags designed and handcrafted by a modern British craftswoman. Each bag is individually handcrafted at Studio Candice Lau, harnessing traditional methods of leatherwork. Their bold yet minimalist aesthetics do not compromise with functionality, honouring the needs of our ever mobile urban lifestyle. Kuku Big Bag is inspired by varied cultural experiences found in a life spent in Amsterdam, Hong Kong and London.