Who Is this event open to?
Registrations are welcome from members of
- Advancing Quality Alliance (AQuA)
- Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS)
- Mersey Internal Audit Agency (MIAA)
If you are not a member of one these organisations and would like to attend, please contact AQuA@srft.nhs.uk.
Buurtzorg is a Dutch healthcare organisation that has pioneered a new model of care for district and care home nursing. Consisting of many small locality-based teams, their model focuses on addressing the whole of a patient's needs and promoting choice and independence to help aid recovery.
This is an exciting chance for delegates to learn from the team behind this leading care system, and explore some of the challenges and implications for delivering this model within an English health and social care setting.
At the end of the event delegates will:
- Understand the successes of this unique district nursing model which has garnered international acclaim for being entirely nurse-led and cost effective
- Explore the relevance of the Buurtzorg model for an English context and the cultural change that will enable implementation in a challenging fiscal climate that is attempting to meet the needs of an ageing population
- Identify what the opportunities, challenges and risks may be to local implementation where you are seeking to lead improvement to flow though social and care systems.
- Identify what the next steps might be for local health and social care teams interested in learning from how the principles of the Buurtzorg model could work in your own practice
Who is this event aimed at?
This event is ideal for senior leaders and decision makers working across health and social care settings.
Date and Time
99 Sir Matt Busby Way