San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Leeds for Change is the new hub website for connecting social action in our city. After many months of work and a successful crowd funding project raising £1,500, the site is almost ready to be launched as a beta version!
At the event you'll be able tomeet changemakers from across the city and see how the site will help to better connect all the groups, projects and campaigns that are working to make leeds a better place and make creating change in Leeds something that is really easy to get involved with
The site will feature:
- a shared calendar of social change events in Leeds
- a page on each group in the city who joins
- campaign pages
- a Skill Share resource to up-skill your group or share skills you’ve already got
- ways to message other members of the site to start campaigns
- online campaign resources including map of cheap/free meeting spaces, shared equipment, an e-petition facility plus lots more
- a blog
- an archiving project of radical action in Leeds – let’s learn our history!
- daily inspiration
The Beta Launch wiil be the first chance for groups, organisations and change makers to see the site and to start to use it to connect with people across the city. We'll be holding a big public launch further down the line to really push involvement in social change activity to the whole of Leeds.
A run-down of the evening:
5pm - 6.30pm: Food, music chat, good vibes and a chance to sign up to and explore the Leeds for change website.
6.30pm: Presentation of the website! Telling story of how we've got here & how the project will make Leeds better connected.
7/7.30pm:Sharing stories and making connections with the amazing projects and gorups represented.
8.30 / Celebration! A band and DJs to get us dancing.
When & Where
Debt, trade, pollution, biodiversity, resource depletion, water scarcity, food security, poverty, climate change… The number of big issues just keeps on growing, threatening our children’s futures and the lives of the most vulnerable people on the planet.
That’s why we’re here. Tidal is a campaigning group that works to support, coordinate and grow global activism in Leeds.