Actions and Detail Panel
Leg Ulcer Management Update for PNs and HCAs in H&R CCG and EHS CCG
Thu 2 November 2017, 09:00 – 16:30 GMT
This is an update session aimed at nurses and HCAs already treating leg ulcers and applying compression bandaging/ hosiery.
At the end of the study day you will have been updated on:
- Pathophysiology venous and arterial ulceration.
- Differential diagnosis and management of leg ulceration.
- Wound care update- TIMES
- Chronic oedema –Assessment and Management
- Theory and practical aspects of compression bandaging/Leg ulcer kits.
- Compression hosiery/wraps – British standard, European Standard, Circular knit & Flat knit, made to measure
- Current best practice, local guidelines and using the wound care formulary
- How to reduce the risk of recurrence and maintenance of healed skin.