Actions and Detail Panel
LEGO®-based theraplay workshop in Beverley, East Yorkshire
Tue 9 May 2017, 10:00 – 12:30 BST
LEGO®-Based Therapy Workshop at The Treasure House, Beverley, East Yorkshire
LEGO®-Based Therapy is a group play based social skills intervention designed to improve social competence in children with social difficulties. The intervention aims to:
- Promote the development of appropriate social, communication and play skills
- Provide opportunities for children to practice social skills such as: turn-taking, listening, sharing ideas, communication, compromise, problem solving and shared attention.
The workshop offers
- An overview of the key theories of LEGO®-based therapy
- Practical play based strategies to help children communicate in a fun and naturalistic way.
- Guidance on how to set up a LEGO®-based intervention or club