Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Safeguarding Training Strategy Briefing Session 01.12.2016
Thursday, 1 December 2016 from 10:00 to 15:30 (GMT)
In April 2014 Leicester City and Leicestershire & Rutland LSCB revised the Children’s Safeguarding Learning, Development and Training Strategy. The strategy supports the provision of high quality and meaningful safeguarding learning and training to those individuals and organisations who work with children and families in Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland.
By using a competency based approach, the strategy will support organisations and practitioners to undertake their safeguarding roles and responsibilities in a confident, competent and committed manner, with a focus on looking at the links between learning and training, and how this learning is transferred into practice and 'improved outcomes for children.'
The strategy has a 3 year implementation period with the expectation that all of the Childrens Workforce are working fully within the strategy by March 31st 2017.
Briefing sessions will support organisational leads, managers and those involved in safeguarding training and learning.
Who should attend the briefing sessions?
- Strategic leads for Workforce Development / Learning & Development.
- Managers and supervisors who work with children and families
- Organisational and strategic leads and managers who have theresponsibility for arranging safeguarding learning.
- Those who commission or deliver training, development and learning opportunities
- Those who are involved in Contracting / Commissioning of services who work with children and families.
The session will:
- Give an understanding about the context and rationale for the revised strategy.
- Provide information about how the strategy will support the organisation of safeguarding learning and look at the impact of learning into practice.
- Provide an overview and introduction to the Competency Framework and the application of a competency based approach.
- Understand the key changes in terminology and practice.
- Provide information about best practice standards in safeguarding training.
- Allow an opportunity to practically consider how the strategy will apply to your organisation.
- Give information about training opportunities, support and additional resources that can support organisations in having an infrastructure for safeguarding.
- Provide an opportunity to hear examples of how the strategy is being applied in practice.
- Provide an overview of recent Ofsted Inspection guidance.
- Introductory session on 'assessing competency'.
- Understand how using the strategy and standards can strengthen organisations practice and provide supporting evidence for inspections and assurance activity.
Essential information: Please read before booking.
Please note: this session is not a safeguarding training session, and therefore would not count as the mandatory 3 year safeguarding training or refresher training.
- For those who do not work within an organisational structure ‘stand alone practitioners (i.e. child minds / private tutors / sports coaches), there are bespoke briefing sessions for these roles.
- The sessions run on a regular basis in different locations around Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland.
- The sessions can also support those who work with families in the wider workforce and support a whole family approach.
For the Adult workforce –please use the Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland Competency Framework for Adults Safeguarding Learning.
For more information. http://lrsb.org.uk/safeguarding-adults-training