LEVEL 2 COUNSELLING SKILLS accredited by ABC Awards
30 weeks starts Saturday 15 October
No prerequisite study
This course will provide an introduction to counselling skills, the professional context of counselling. You will also begin a precious journey of self-discovery and personal development as your knowledge, self-reflection and self-understanding grow.
You will learn:
• core counselling skills and to be able to use these skills in a helping relationship.
• identify qualities needed in a helping role.
• communication skills for helping relationships
• how to establish and conclude a helping relationship.
• practical application of skills in a helping relationship
• Introduce elements of counselling theory and their significance in in a helping relationship
• an ethical framework and relating to counselling skills. .
• to develop understanding of working with people different from ourselves· and the use of diversity and ethics in counselling
• personal development tools and how to identify our own support needs.
• Practical self-development