Level 3 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace (QCF)
The Level 3 Award in health & Safety in the Workplace is ideal for anyone in a supervisory, team leader or managerial role. Subjects covered include understanding the requirements for health, safety and welfare in the workplace, the benefits of using a safety management system, the principles of risk assessment, and understanding the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards.
This qualification is accredited and recognised internationally and has been developed to protect customers, staff, brand reputation and profits.
Candidates must be at least 16 years of age and it is recommended that they have a minimum of Level 2 in literacy & numeracy
- Understand the requirements for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand the benefits of using a safety management system
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Understand the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards
This qualification is assessed through one of the following options:
- Multiple Choice Questions - learners must answer a series of multiple-choice questions across the breadth of the course syllabus within a 2-hour time frame. Candidates must achieve a score of at least 40 out of 60
Open Response Assessment - learners must provide a short response to questions across the breadth of the course syllabus throughout the duration of the course.