Level 3 | Child Sexual Exploitation | Exploring the practical challenges of working with victims
Level 3 Advanced Training: Exploring the practical challenges of Child Sexual Exploitation.
Our new advanced training course is aimed at professionals who have a good understanding of Child Sexual Exploitation and want to advance their theoretical and practical knowledge. Our specialist team of child sexual exploitation; front line workers and experienced trainers equip professionals with the confidence, tools and techniques they use on a daily basis.
Our Level 3 course is a direct follow on from our highly acclaimed ‘Level 2 Child Sexual Exploitation: The Victims Voice’ course and is both interactive and participatory. We encourage professionals to bring their current cases and challenges to the training room. Together, as a team of professionals lead by our expert facilitators we look at; theories of working with young people that our resistant to change, working with additional needs and hard to reach groups, restorative practice and motivational interviewing techniques.
We are providing delegates with the tips, tools and techniques that our specialist workers have developed over years of working frontline within this complex field.
By the end of the session you will…
- Have information and tools for working with denial.
- Have used and practiced techniques for problem solving
- Discussed ways to work with resistant young people.
- Develop a better understanding of additional needs and how to support young people who fall into this category.
- Understand the links between victims who then become perpetrators.
- Have discussed good practice when dealing with disclosures.
- Produce an individual action plan to support your work.
Course will cover:
- Working with Roma Gypsy, BME groups and learning disabilities
- Dealing with disclosures
- Role play
- Motivational interviewing skills
- Tips and feedback to workers from young people
- Lunch and refreshments
- Free car parking
- Training Pack
When & Where
Basis - Training and Education
Basis Training and Education are the Social Issue Specialists. We design and deliver training on the issues affecting our communities today.