LEVEL 3 COUNSELLING SKILLS
Prior learning: Level 2 or equivalent study or experience - accredited by ABC Awards
This course will build on the skills learned at Level 2 in terms of theory, practical application and personal development and introduce new concepts and methodology in preparation for study at Level 4.
You will learn:
• Counselling theory - the core concepts of a number of theoretical approaches including person centred and psychodynamic models as well as overviews of a number of other models such as the cognitive behaviour model.
• To appreciate how these theories could be applied in a counselling context.
• To reflect on the self through use of these counselling theories.
• To understand how our counselling skills develop and the importance of our own personal growth and development
• To become aware of our own development needs.
• what is meant by “integration” and how it can be applied in a counselling context.
• To develop deeper understand the group dynamics and the impact of self on others.
• Practical application of theory in a classroom setting
• Deeper understanding and application of an ethical framework
You will continue the precious journey of self-discovery and personal development begun at Level 2 as your knowledge, understanding, self-reflection and self-understanding grows