Actions and Detail Panel
Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage (ITEC)
Wed 7 February 2018, 09:30 – 16:30 GMT
The Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage (ITEC) course is designed to give you the understanding and the skills to work in an unsupervised capacity as a sports massage therapist.
Whilst enrolled upon this course you will develop your knowledge and understanding of the theory underpinning the practise of sports massage therapy. The course consists of five distinct units:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Massage
- Principles of Health and Fitness
- Professional Practice in Sports Massage
- Understand the Principles of Soft Tissue Dysfunction
- Sports Massage Treatments
The course encompasses the study of anatomy and physiology including following body systems: cells; skin; skeletal; muscular; joint; nervous; endocrine; cardiovascular; lymphatic; respiratory; digestive; and urinary.
In addition you will study:
- The effects of sports massage
- Benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- Effects of exercise on the body
- Components of fitness
- Principles of training
- Healthy eating
- Professional practice and conduct
- Setting up and management of a practice
- Soft tissue, dysfunction and repair
- Client assessment
- Contra-indications and indications
- Sports Massage treatments
The full course fee is £1595.
More information about the assessment and entry requirements can be found on the website: http://www.stmarys.ac.uk/short-courses/level-3-sports-massage-course.htm. Alternatively, contact us at email@example.com or call 020 8240 4321 during office hours.