CIEH Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
16th, 23rd and 30th March 2017
Time: 9:30- 4:30
This qualification provides a thorough understanding of health and safety emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls. It also details the need for a structured management approach to health and safety and the key factors in implementing health and safety policy.
This course will benefit those working in a supervisory position in order that they can acquire the knowledge and skills required to discharge their health and safety responsibilities. It is relevant to all employment sectors – for example, property, construction, education establishments, offices, leisure, manufacturing, retail, catering and hospitality, healthcare, logistics and local government.
- Concepts of Health and Safety
- Accidents in the Workplace
- Health in the Workplace
- Legal Provisions
- Health and Safety Organisation and Management
- Supervising Health and Safety
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main concepts of health and safety
- Show awareness of the benefits of health and safety culture
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of individuals, supervisors and management in health and safety
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety control and improvement strategies available to supervisors
Duration: Three day programme
Assessment: 60 question multiple choice exam
Ofqual Regulated: Yes
Ofqual Qualification Number: 501/0711/2
QCF: 3 credits
QCF Reference: K/602/1647
Prerequisite: CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
The examination consists of 60 multiple choice questions and is two hours duration. Certificates are awarded to candidates who achieve a minimum of 40 correct answers.