The Level 4 Award in Nutrition – RSPH (QCF) course teaches the nutritional requirements for a healthy diet, the effect of diet on health and the importance of hydration, to build an understanding of nutrition and diet and their effect on health.
This course is particularly relevant for you if you work in the health, fitness or catering professions, promoting healthy eating, preparation of meals or menus and diets.
This award is a component of both the Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Physical Activity in Sport and the Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Institutional Food Services. You can attend an additional weekend course to achieve one of these qualifications.
Whilst enrolled upon the course you will study the following topics:
- Sources functions and used of macro and micro nutrients
- Dietary sources of macro and micro nutrients
- Physiological functions of macro and micro nutrients
- Hydration, dietary requirements and food choices of individuals throughout life
- Components of energy consumption and expenditure
- Energy, hydration and nutrient requirements at different lifetime stages
- Factors that affect nutrient requirements in relation to social, cultural, religious and ethnic groups
- Effects of diet on health
- Relationship between diet and disease
- Possible dietary influences for different groups
- Legislation as it relates to labelling and advertising of food
- Food labelling requirements
- Legal requirements in relation to health claims and nutrition claims
Dates and Times
- Four sessions on 7th-8th and 14th-15th October 2017 from 9am - 5.30pm
The full course fee is £550.
More information about the assessment and entry requirements can be found on the website: http://www.stmarys.ac.uk/short-courses/level-4-nutrition-certificate.htm. Alternatively, contact us at email@example.com or call 020 8240 4321 during office hours.