The Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage (ITEC) course is designed for qualified sports therapists who are keen to expand their client base to include actively engaged people, ranging from team club players to individual athletes.
Following your completion of the Level 3 Sports Massage (ITEC) course, you can build upon your existing knowledge to achieve a comprehensive understanding of injury management. You will study to understand advanced techniques, tools and skills to be able to assess and treat common patterns of dysfunction and suitable pre-diagnosed injuries.
Whilst enrolled upon the course you will study three distinct units:
- Conducting subjective and objective assessment
- Treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair
- Provide sports massage techniques to prevent and manage injury
Unit components include:
- Management of injuries
- Soft tissue mobilisation
- Postural analysis
- Range of movement tests
- Active, passive and resistive stretches
- Stretching and rehabilitative exercises
- Advanced massage techniques
- Soft tissue release
- Trigger points
- This course runs over 12 Wednesdays, on Saturday in Semester 1 and Sunday in Semester 2
The full course fee is £760.
More information about the assessment and entry requirements can be found on the website: http://www.stmarys.ac.uk/short-courses/sports-massage-course-itec-level-4.htm.Alternatively, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8240 4321 during office hours.