Lewisham Headteachers and EYFS Leaders Briefing - Spring 17 (Morning)
Tuesday, 21 March 2017 from 09:30 to 12:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Lewisham Headteachers and
EYFS Leaders Briefings
Civic Suite, Catford.
*This is the only session for this Spring term
Free for two attendees from each school
if you have joined the Lewisham EYIT SLA
Heads and Leaders EYFS Briefing Sessions
These sessions provide a vital forum for EYFS leaders and Headteachers to meet, network and gain updates on the latest EYFS information, and to discuss implications for practice back in their own schools. The sessions focus on enhancing the knowledge of senior leaders in supporting and challenging best practice in the EYFS. This session will provide updates on national policy and publications.
The focus of this session will be on the
- Implementation of 30 hrs childcare. Where are we now?
- EYFS revisions for 2017
- EYFS Workforce strategy
The heads and leaders briefings provide an update on the latest local and national policy relating to the EYFS framework, Ofsted regulations, and current initiatives, as well as opportunities for professional development.
These sessions provide opportunities to:
- Ensure heads/leaders have relevant knowledge of current policy and plans and potential impact for their school
- Network with other heads/leaders and share ideas and best practice.
These sessions support heads/leaders in:
- developing leadership skills and monitoring standards within their school to secure good or better provision for children
- driving improvement in their schools using quality improvement strategies and tools
- preparing for OFSTED and completing self-evaluation and development plans
- supporting the professional development of their team
It is strongly recommended that all heads/leaders attend these sessions.
Briefings Provided by Lewisham Early Years Quality and Sufficiency Team.
When & Where
South Thames Early Education Partnership and Teaching School Alliance. (STEEP)
STEEP- the South Thames Early Education Partnership;
Six South London, Nursery Schools and Children’s Centres, with a long history working with children and families.
- Support and Training for Childminders,
- Initial Teacher Education,
- CPD for Early Years professionals in schools and settings.