Actions and Detail Panel
LGBT+ Proud Parenting 2017 - Identity, Family, Equality
Sun 16 July 2017, 10:00 – 16:30 BST
Come along to this free event to celebrate LGBT+ parenting for support, sharing, information and fun. It’s for anyone interested in LGBT+ parenting including LGBT+ parents and their children, LGBT+ parents-to-be and their families and friends.
The programme includes guest speaker Professor Catherine Donovan from Sunderland University and a series of practical workshops, which will cover a range of subjects including:
- Routes to parenthood
- Legal advice
- Parents and children's wellbeing
- Growing up with LGBT+ parents
There will be activities throughout the day for children and young people, and a free creche available with limited places. When the creche is full you are welcome to bring your children into workshops.
Part of our Never Going Underground season, a year long programme of exhibitions, events and learning programmes exploring the past, present and future of LGBT+ activism.
You are welcome to come for part or all of the day.
Access: The museum is fully accessible wherever possible. For full details see: http://www.phm.org.uk/visit-us/access/ If you have any access or support needs, or would like us to provide a BSL interpreter, then please contact email@example.com
Refreshments: Guests will receive a voucher for a 10% discount in The Left Bank cafe bar. Alternatively, you can bring a packed lunch.
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Proud 2 B Parents
- The Proud Trust
- Rainbow Families
- LGBT Foundation
- AXM Foundation
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- Please note event attendees must arrive at least ten minutes before the start time of the event, otherwise their booked space will be given to someone on the reserve list
- Please contact the museum as soon as possible if you wish to cancel your reservation so your place can be given to another visitor