Actions and Detail Panel
LifeSavers - Collective Worship and Values in Primary Schools
Fri 17 November 2017, 09:00 – 15:30 GMT
Registration is free, but your school will be invoiced £50 per delegate after the course has taken place.
This course is aimed at collective worship leaders, RE subject leadres in primary schools and lead teachers in LifeSavers schools
Tutor - Shahne Vickery: who has authored a wide range of popular titles supporting collective worship and spiritual and moral development in schools, including Experience Journeys and Roots and Fruits. She has over 20 years' experience as a teacher and deputy headteacher in primary schools and now works as Schools' Adviser for Gloucester Diocese.
This training will look at how Christian values can be rooted in collective worship, based on a new collective worship resource for primary schools. 'Values for LifeSavers' explores the role of money in our lives through the lens of four Christian values: generosity, wisdom, thankfulness and justice. It will also:
- explore the values at the heart of this resource
- offer a framework for collective worship, together with a host of practical ideas
- develop ideas for planning and evaluating worship
- introduce the Values for LifeSavers resource and others that explore values through collective worship
- look at how to support children to become leaders of worship
All delegates will receive free copies of the Values for LifeSavers resource, packed with 80 pages of ideas and activites.
Read the Terms & conditions / Booking information for information about cancellation fees.