6 week courses starting 10th January - 14th February 2014
Lindy Hop Advanced/Performance Courses
Angela "Cookie" Andrew
Pulse Dance Studios
15 Liverpool Road
N1 0RW London
Buses: Too many to mention
Who is the class for:
– Advanced Lindy Hoppers 3+ years experience
– Experienced dancers of other styles of partner dances with a solid basic knowledge of lindy hop.
What you will learn in the class:
– Classic, contemporary and newly choreographed lindy hop routines
– Lead and follow techniques
– Performance techniques based on the style of the Whitey’s Lindy Hoppers
– Maintaining the balance between performance and social dancing
– *Teacher/Performers – You teach and/or perform regularly . You are looking for ideas to hone your teaching skills. You wish to enhance your performance repertoire and artistry in the Jazz Vernacular.
– By the nature of the content, there is no drop-in available for the Advance/Performance Course, but please speak to us if you’d like to attend but cannot do all sessions.
– It would be helpful to sign up with a partner, although not obligatory.
– Even if you do not wish to perform, you are most welcome to join class (but… you will be encouraged to do so should the opportunity arise)
– Your eligibility for the class will be determined by the teacher. Please respect the final decision.
A bit about Angela Andrew
Angela is highly respected as a teacher and a dancer, equally amongst her peers as the original masters. Her teaching is a process and not prescriptive. She will help you find the “you” in your dance. She encourages her students to express their inner dancer whilst building and maintaining a solid technical foundation. Angela has been often described as the “next generation” of authentic lindy hoppers. She was one of Frankie Manning’s assistants for over 10 years, and is keen to continue his work of spreading and developing the lindy hop, her emphasis on the soul and roots of the dance. She is also and considered to be a “protégé” of Savoy veterans like Norma Miller and others; Frankie himself stating that she was one of the 5 top female dancers in the world.
Do you have questions about Lindy Hop Advanced/Performance 6 week course with Angela "Cookie" Andrew?
Contact Cookie's Jam - Lindy Hop and Jazz Era Related Dance & Arts