Actions and Detail Panel
Link Annual Debate 2016: Better or Worse? Our Natural Environment in 2040
Fri, 2 Dec 2016, 09:45 – Thu, 8 Dec 2016, 08:45 GMT
Open to Link members and other interested parties, this year’s debate will address the question "Our Natural Environment in 2040: Better or Worse?"
Consultations for the Government’s two 25 year plans - for the Environment and for Food and Farming – are expected to be published before the end of the year, making this a perfect time to discuss the opportunities and challenges for the natural environment over the next 25 years. Along with an expert panel, the debate will explore how we can ensure a thriving and healthy future for our natural environment that benefits people, communities and the economy.
After the debate, guests are welcome to join us for a networking drinks reception.
We are delighted to confirm that the panel will comprise:
• Baroness Barbara Young - Chair of the Woodland Trust
• Sir Charles Burrell - rewilding pioneer and owner of the Knepp Estate
• Professor Georgina Mace - Director of the Centre for Biodiversity and Environment Research, UCL
• Dr Diane Mitchell - Chief Environment Advisor, NFU
• Martin Harper - Conservation Director, RSPB
• Chaired by: Dr Nathalie Pettorelli - Senior Research Fellow, Zoological Society of London
The debate is scheduled for 4.00-5.30pm and will be followed by a drinks reception from 5.30-7.00pm.
For travel information and directions to the event please click here.