Actions and Detail Panel
LIQH Core Concepts Programme Organisation Lab
Wed 22 March 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 GMT
Why should you attend?
Similar problems occur again and again in most organisations. These often involve misunderstandings across organisational, departmental or professional boundaries, which can lead to misdirected energy, stress and burn out, lost opportunities, and dissatisfaction.
Usually the real solutions are to be found at the system level (i.e. not blaming individuals) and are often left undiscovered.
To address this, we will explore system management and leadership, and the ways in which this can help to improve our satisfaction, collaborative working, and the overall performance of our organisation. Both clinical leaders and new consultants will be participating in this workshop.
The workshop is based on the ‘Organisation Workshop’ – a model pioneered by Barry Oshry. It will enable us to explore and experience organisational life from different levels and perspectives – whatever your actual position.
Outcomes will include:
- learning more about how to develop and lead energised, effective and powerful organisations
- producing better results for yourself and your team
- learning how to identify the predictable, harmful patterns that frequently occur in organisations and how to avoid them
- discovering how to focus on the way people deal with the systemic conditions they face, rather than on their personalities
- learning how to work more effectively with people at all levels and in all positions
- discovering how to understand more and blame less
- finding out how to experience less stress while making a greater contribution
We see the workshop as:
- providing us all with a whole systems view
- clarify the role of managers, enabling them to be as effective as possible
- developing partnership and entrepreneurialism throughout the organisation
- improving cross-organisational interaction
- helping their us all to understand the pressures faced by those around them
- help senior managers to understand the perspectives of those lower down in the organisation
- allowing senior managers to better understand their impact on others
- improve the effectiveness of our cross-functional teams
- strengthen partnerships between us and our customers
The workshop is enormous fun and highly participative/experiential. In the morning we form a new temporary organisation and uncover the underlying dynamics of organisational life. Frameworks are offered to make sense of it and we bring our collective experience of working together to bear on devising new strategies and tactics to be effective together in the afternoon and explore leading in systems.