This Library workshop gives an introduction to literature searching for University of Leeds staff working on research projects. We offer literature searching guidance and support throughout the session, including the opportunity to practice your own literature searching skills at the end the session (optional).
By the end of the session you will:
- Understand the importance of planning your literature search and defining your research question
- Know what literature search tools are available
- Understand and be able to apply advanced keyword searching techniques
- Be introduced to techniques to improve your search results
- Understand the importance of recording your searches and keeping up to date with new studies.
Should you have any specific literature searching queries then please email email@example.com in advance of the session.
This session does not cover medicine and health related literature searching. If you are from the Faculty of Medicine & Health please see our medicine and health literature searching course.
Please sign up with your University of Leeds email address when you register for the session.
Share with friends