Lobbying Training course
Monday, 24 November 2014 from 09:30 to 16:30 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Aim: To offer delegates a practical guide to:
- How to access and influence your MP, MEP & councillors;
- Various ways of getting your case or issue aired by decision-makers.
Who should attend? Those who want to better understand how parliament works so that you can use MPs, Peers, Councillors and MEPs to raise issues you care about.
Content: This training will cover -
- Understanding how Parliament works – and how decision-makers can raise issues on your behalf
- How you can interact with the parliamentary process
- The role of Whitehall and the machinery of government
- Navigating through party rivalries
- Understanding local councils / councillors and Euro MEPs
Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will leave with –
- Knowledge of the parliamentary system and the various ways MPs can raise your issues and concerns
- Knowledge of the European Parliament and local authorities and how to lobby MEPs and councillors
- Understand the legislative process
- How to influence civil servants and special advisors
- Understand how lobbying can benefit your organisation
- Understand the role media relations and public affairs can play in campaigns
- Pin-point different lobbying approaches
Methodology: The session will offer a blend of individual reflection; group exercises; creative and engaging computer-based exercises; presentation; role-plays.
When & Where
We are a national membership organisation championing the voice of the Black and Minority Ethnic voluntary, community and social enterprise sector. We work for a stronger and inclusive civil society to meet the needs of BME and other disadvantaged communities.
Telephone: 0207 697 4240