San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
1. Commercial lead required for early stage, but beyond PoC B2B Cloud technology company in the compliance space. This is an exciting full time, hands on, C-level opportunity for an experienced business leader who can demonstrate strong sales and commercial skills backed by a track record of driving substantial growth, ideally in a B2B SaaS technology environment.
- An innovative and high energy sales orientated commercial leader with well-rounded business skills
- A verifiable track record delivering rapid sales growth in software technology businesses
- Practical experience around creating strategies for driving online sales and exposure.
- Demonstrated success within a smaller company B2B environment
We would like:
- Experience working in compliance, screening or business process automation areas
- Experience establishing and growing channel strategies around online, B2B solutions
- An individual, who has raised VC finance or been part of an Exec team backed by Investors
We have to offer:
- A strong Founder led operational and tech team, Chaired by a serial Tech Angel Investor (who together achieved a successful exit last year from the SaaS technology business that gave rise to this venture).
- An investment to date of over £1M by the Founder and Investors that has resulted in a highly innovative, stable and scalable technology platform that has moved beyond PoC and been sold to major customers in business critical applications in the recruitment space.
- A plan to substantially scale up the business with a clear objective of achieving a successful exit within 3 years with a range of prospective acquirers identified
2. We are building a new British skincare brand. We are live, selling product and have active marketing & PR building the Brand. Natural skincare made by British bees - We've harnessed the centuries-old healing powers of British honey, propolis and beeswax in an innovative skincare range, designed to make a real difference to your skin. Bursting with only the finest ingredients, our products blend ethically sourced bee-based ingredients with naturally active botanicals and potent plant oils. We don't use any synthetic colours, mineral oil, silicone or parabens and our bees are never harmed.
We're passionate about supporting our countryside and plough back a share of all profits into UK beekeeping causes. We are - “Made by British Bees”. Production, design, packaging, honey & key botanical ingredients are British sourced -This company is the only premium skincare brand to be “Made by British Bees
We are seeking a person who could join the Board to help the Board execute its business strategy and carry out its responsibilities effectively in accordance with best business practice and governance. The ideal candidate would have a strong network in luxury goods / retail / skincare & cosmetics sectors, support brand building efforts at the highest levels with Clients and potentially participate in major business development initiatives.
3. We’re an established for-profit accelerator for early-stage Tech start-ups that are looking to hire new product & business directors. Backed by 12 local angels, we are creating a northern technology cluster across Yorkshire and Greater Manchester, similar to that of Tech City London. The cluster will compose of accelerators (both software and hardware), incubation facilities, angel syndicate groups and a new venture capital firm.
Two positions are available to help the existing management team achieve this goal. We’re looking for experienced executives who love startups and know/understand accelerators or have previous experience in building entrepreneurial ecosystems. We’re also looking for advisors/NEDs with experience in either: FMCG, social media, energy or sports technology for 3 startups on our current accelerator cohort.
4. Executive management training company seeks someone with a background in sales to help the company reach the next growth stage. The executive management training market is a £multi million opportunity in the UK and £multi billion opportunity globally. With the upturn in the global economy and an increased awareness on behalf of organisations of the need to invest in their people we are the right solution at the right time. We are a dedicated professional training company that has recently gained the prestigious badge of CPD accreditation and have a passion for ensuring the highest quality of training and personal development for our delegates. We are unique in the marketplace with a combination of our book, training courses and bespoke business simulation game which we sell into large corporations. We are looking for someone(s) who can help us grow the business and break into the marketplace through hands on advice and with contacts in senior management and major corporations. A varied remuneration package is available.
Please join us for the RELAUNCH of Pitching for Management™ 1st May 2014 from 6.00pm to 9.30pm at the offices of Nabarro LLP.
In a new move to increase the focus on the importance of teams in ambitious businesses, come and debate with VCs and business angels about what makes a management team investable.
We will also have four companies telling you about their big management challenges and asking for your help in solving them.
If you can solve one or more of the challenges you will be rewarded with the opportunity to join the company and take it forwards. You may be paid a remuneration package based on salary and perks and for the lucky few you will be awarded a stake in the company in return for your efforts.
If you want to make a big change in your life to a better way of working - this is the event for you.
Alan Wallace, Senior Investment Director at Octopus Ventures
Camilla Dolan, Investment Manager at MMC Ventures
Stephen Bullock, Serial angel investor
18.00 : Registration & soft drinks
18.30 : Introductions Modwenna Rees-Mogg & Nabarro
18.35 : 1st Challenge
18.45 : 2nd Challenge
18.55 : The BIG DEBATE: WHAT MAKES A MANAGEMENT TEAM INVESTABLE?
19.40 : 3rd Challenge
19.50 : 4th Challenge
20.00 : Andrew Hawley - Marks & Clerk
20.10 : Networking and Refreshments
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of our events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.
Car parking: There is parking at Bloomsbury Square, which is located 300 metres from Nabarro's office. Parking is also available in NCP Drury Lane, and in the Imperial and Bedford Hotels on Southampton Row.
You can find our Terms and Conditions here.
Find us on:
When & Where
The Pluralists Investor Club
The Pluralists Investor Club www.thepluralists.club is operated by AngelNews which holds events on topics close to the hearts of investors and entrepreneurs. These include the annual VCT and EIS Investor Forum and the Great British Private Investor Summit.
It also publishes news on its website and monthly AngelNewsletter, which is full of topical articles, knowledge and views. You can sign up to receive it when you register at www.angelnewsletter.co.uk
For further information call: +44 20 7720 1102