San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
1. Harwell spin-in seeks part-time CFO / COO and full-time Staff Engineer to commence on closing funding (expected Jan 2014). Prior exposure to hardware-focused early-stage technology companies is essential for both roles. CFO/COO must be ‘hands-on’ as the focus is on delivery using outsourced development partners and the organization will remain very light until the product is ready to scale. The Staff Engineer must have experience of electronic design including MEMS, and ideally exposure to thermal modelling. Again, we are looking for someone who is very practical and wants to spend time at the bench. Remuneration will be cash based at market rate. Options may be available at a later point
2. Sales and business development manager, required for London based early stage luxury and gourmet foods business. Help develop distribution in high-end retail and hospitality in the UK as well as export markets, selling into department stores, speciality food retailers, luxury hotels, restaurants and duty-free. This initially part-time role offers the right candidate with experience in international high-end speciality food retail the opportunity to get involved with the business in the early stages and help drive an aggressive growth strategy in an exciting market sector; with a sales driven remuneration package that includes an element of equity.
3. We are building a new luxury brand centred on English sparkling wine. Our USPs include our approach to quality (we are the first pure negociant in England) and our best practice approach to building a luxury brand which place us in a unique position in this new, rapidly growing industry. We are seeking a person who could become Chairman of the Board to help the Board execute its business strategy and carry out its responsibilities effectively in accordance with best business practice and governance. The ideal candidate would have a strong network in luxury goods / hospitality / drinks sectors, act as a figurehead for our brand building efforts and potentially participate in major business development initiatives.
4. An online portal for retail investors are seeking professionals with experience in investment/financial products for retail clients, experience in publishing/media and anyone with legal expertise in the retail investment industry.
5. Community networking website seeks a senior management team to help grow various aspects of the business. Most importantly a Marketing Management expert with particular skills in social/digital media, along with people with the skills and experience to take on the management of the Wi Fi and hyper local websites side of the business. We also are looking for a Sales/Business Development Manager with experience in telecoms and working in the public sector, experience with ISP is desirable.
Please join us for our 2014 flagship Pitching for Management™ event in London on 21st January 2014 at 6.00pm to 9.30pm at the offices of Nabarro LLP.
At these events, exciting start-up and early-stage companies present their businesses to a room of individuals with the right skills to help them reach their next stage of growth. The roles available range from sales, marketing and finance board positions to mentorships, chair, CEO and non-executive director positions.
The roles on offer can be full or part time. Some offer paid remuneration and all packages offer additional rewards such as sweat equity, share options, commissions and bonuses.
If you think you could make a significant difference to a fast-growing company, then this is the event for you. The networking is also highly recommended.
18.00 : Registration & soft drinks
18.30 : Introductions Modwenna Rees-Mogg & Nabarro
18.35 : Speaker - Francis Marx "Acquisition Search"
18.40 : Pitching Companies
19.10 : Break
19.20 : Speaker - Marks & Clerk
19.25 : Pitching Companies
20.00 : Networking and nibbles
21.30 : Finish
Francis has worked for a TMT strategy boutique (where clients included O2, Google, and Vodafone), consulted independently to senior management at a number of household names (e.g. Virgin Holidays and Coca Cola), and most recently spent 2.5 years at Apax owned Travelex, driving corporate and commercial strategy initiatives.
Currently seeking to acquire/work with owner-managed businesses to either provide an exit or to work closely with the owner manager to grow the business together
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of our events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.
Car parking: There is parking at Bloomsbury Square, which is located 300 metres from Nabarro's office. Parking is also available in NCP Drury Lane, and in the Imperial and Bedford Hotels on Southampton Row
Find us on:
When & Where
The Pluralists Investor Club
The Pluralists Investor Club www.thepluralists.club is operated by AngelNews which holds events on topics close to the hearts of investors and entrepreneurs. These include the annual VCT and EIS Investor Forum and the Great British Private Investor Summit.
It also publishes news on its website and monthly AngelNewsletter, which is full of topical articles, knowledge and views. You can sign up to receive it when you register at www.angelnewsletter.co.uk
For further information call: +44 20 7720 1102