San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
1. A Company with a new and engaging approach to learning emotional intelligence knowledge and insights using bite sized interactive modules. Each module includes 'mini drama' videos demonstrating how to deal with everyday workplace people challenges.
This exciting and fast growing e-learning business are seeking to fill two roles to help them grow the business:
1. Marketing Head to develop a marketing plan and help execute it, primarily to:
· Develop the value proposition for distributors
· Raise awareness of the business in their market
· Develop the company proposition for the US
2. Technical Head/architect to create and build platform to deliver existing and new products.
Working at their offices in Basingstoke and remotely the package can be a mix of sweat equity, commission and or exit fee.
2. We are creating the first premium brand craft distillery in the heart of Oxford City. The distillery complex will include a bar and restaurant and we will be using a locally grown 2000 year old organic Rye to ferment and distill our alcohol. (Vodka, Gin & Rye Whiskey) This will be a sustainable business and all the spent grain (still full of nutrition) will be picked up by local organic farmers each week to be used as animal feed. They in turn will give us preferential rates and cuts on the meat which will be used in our restaurant. With 9.5 million visitors to the city every year, our primary income in the first 2 years will be via distillery tours. At this time we are looking for a very cool GM to help us pull together the company structure, apply for licenses set up accounting systems and help us set achievable goals etc. I am interested in finding a great structured organiser who is a team player with possible background in hospitality, drink and luxury goods sectors. I am happy to consider all strong proposals. There is a budget for a wage from September, plus I will look at rev share and equity for the right person.
3. New Oxford student careers coaching enterprise seeks premises and like-minded coaches.
4. Executive Salaried Chief Operations Officer sought for VC and Angel backed technology group. The candidate must have experience of the tech sector and a finance and accountancy background and preferably for taking, ‘disruptive’ technology solutions into public sector, UK private and third sector companies and global customers.
The role will be London based. A share option package will accompany the salary which will be at a market rate for the role. These are some of the characteristics the successful candidate will display:
- demonstrable track record of overseeing substantial growth in a company environment in an executive or non-executive role
- recognised for rapid results
- experience of smaller company environments and multiple product and market opportunities
- career in the Technology sector with B2B business models, but target B2C end user
- international experience
- strategic and an operational mindset
- hands on, high energy, people business
5. Sales and Marketing Director sought for Oxford-based early stage educational technology business, which will be a school's first choice for homework, classwork and revision. You're needed to help develop and implement an aggressive sales and marketing strategy for the UK and international schools market. You will have a proven track record of using your intelligence, drive and creativity to deliver rapid sales growth. This is a part-time role based in our Oxford offices, or at home. In return, we can offer a renumeration package including equity and commission.
6. With a pilot product operational, we need to explore real opportunities. We recognise that the video market is emerging fast, but see a gap to support the SME digital market. We recognise that larger organisations will be able to provide such platforms, but this product provides a private, customisable, easily changed CMS, that can be made flexible in the digital space. The main need is to examine viability during the pilot through market evaluation and seeking funding to exploit niche markets. We have the technical, project management,security, sales skills to move through the pilot to the market for SMEs, niche organisations - interim recruitment, consultants, accountants, lawyers. There will be a platform need for scaleability.
Please join us for our 2014 flagship Pitching for Management™ event in London on 25th March 2014 from 6.00pm to 9.30pm at the offices of Nabarro LLP.
At these events, exciting start-up and early-stage companies present their businesses to a room of individuals with the right skills to help them reach their next stage of growth. The roles available range from sales, marketing and finance board positions to mentorships, chair, CEO and non-executive director positions.
The roles on offer can be full or part time. Some offer paid remuneration and all packages offer additional rewards such as sweat equity, share options, commissions and bonuses.
If you think you could make a significant difference to a fast-growing company, then this is the event for you. The networking is also highly recommended.
18.00 : Registration & soft drinks
18.30 : Introductions Modwenna Rees-Mogg & Nabarro
18.35 : Speaker - Heather White - Non-Exec Hub
18.40 : Pitching Companies
19.10 : Break
19.20 : Speaker - Marks & Clerk
19.25 : Pitching Companies
20.00 : Networking and nibbles
21.30 : Finish
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of our events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.
Car parking: There is parking at Bloomsbury Square, which is located 300 metres from Nabarro's office. Parking is also available in NCP Drury Lane, and in the Imperial and Bedford Hotels on Southampton Row
Find us on:
When & Where
The Pluralists Investor Club
The Pluralists Investor Club www.thepluralists.club is operated by AngelNews which holds events on topics close to the hearts of investors and entrepreneurs. These include the annual VCT and EIS Investor Forum and the Great British Private Investor Summit.
It also publishes news on its website and monthly AngelNewsletter, which is full of topical articles, knowledge and views. You can sign up to receive it when you register at www.angelnewsletter.co.uk
For further information call: +44 20 7720 1102