Actions and Detail Panel
London Stock Exchange: Finance in the North - Equity Markets
Thu 19 October 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
Promotional Code for booking the full series: LSEGseries15 (please enter when selecting your ticket)
Leeds Business School, in association with London Stock Exchange Group Academy is delighted to announce a series of short courses in finance, hosted at Leeds Beckett University.
This one-day course is delivered by experts from within the London Stock Exchange and uses live market data, case studies and worked examples to provide an overview of how mature equity markets function and put into context a company’s role within these markets.
The course aims to build a framework for understanding:
- The role of the Exchange in the context of the UK financial services industry
- How, where and why UK and international companies are listed and admitted to trading
- The evolution of trading markets
- The different factors that can affect company share prices
- The technology that underpins the efficient operation of the market
- How and why markets are regulated
- How financial market crimes are detected and investigated
- Short selling, stock borrowing and stock
Who should attend:
This is an ideal course for professionals from member firms and corporate advisers, as well;
- Executives from AIM or listed companies
- Compliance professionals
- Company secretarial staff
- Investor relations professionals
- Financial PR
- Finance directors/controllers
- Lawyers and Accountants
- Support staff within financial organisations
- New graduates
Trainer: Tracey Paul-Clark
Tracey joined London Stock Exchange at the Leeds Regional Office in 1994 to manage relationships with key local constituents including stockbrokers, listed companies and professional advisers. The design and launch of the AIM Market at this time called for heavy involvement of regional staff. She moved to the London office at the end of 1995 to take up a UK marketing manager role.
In 1998 Tracey left London Stock Exchange to set up and manage her own business venture. She returned in 2001 to become Primary Account Manager for a portfolio of member firms based around the UK, and joined the Training & Consultancy team in early 2004.
Tracey has since developed and delivered training programmes around the financial markets including the ‘Trading on the London Stock Exchange’ programme. Tracey holds an MBA in Business Administration from Bradford University Management Centre and the Chartered Institute of Marketing Postgraduate Diploma.
The venue is a 15-minute walk from Leeds Train Station. If you are driving, the nearest car park is the Woodhouse Lane NCP multi-storey found at LS1 3HQ. This car park closes at 21:00.
Bella Gamsu - firstname.lastname@example.org