1) If you are registering for the first time:
You MUST bring with you:
(1) The registration form. Follow this link for the correct form. You need to type the form or PRINT your details so they are very clear.
(2) A copy of your documents (as well as the originals). The copy will be kept by the Police.
(3) 2 x photographs
(4) The exact money (£34 in cash only)
Documents required for a new registration:
- Passport: front page and entry clearance vignette page
- Biometric Residents Permit (BRP).
- Your original decision letter from the Home Office confirming dates of the leave granted to you.
- Proof of address (see below)
- Proof of studies (See below)
You will need to make your own photo copies of these documents
Proof of Studies - any of the following:
CAS statement, OR Offer Letter, OR Bank Letter (if this includes details of studies).
Student ID cards are NOT accepted as proof.
Proof of Address - any of the following:
Bank Letter, OR Utility Bill, OR Tenancy Agreement (as long as it contains the name of the student and is not in a foreign language), OR Driving license, OR an official letter from the University (letters MUST be on headed paper).
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT PRINTING CREDITS ON YOUR STUDENT ID CARDS.
PRINTING CREDITS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM PRINT SERVICES RECEPTION IN HERBERT MANZONI BUILDING.
2) For Change of Circumstances, please see below
Once you have registered, with the Police, you must inform them if details recorded on your certificate become out of date. These changes must be reported within 7 days of the change happening, this includes an extension of your visa.
Other relevant changes in circumstances include:
- Changes to passport details (e.g. when you get a new passport),
- Name, marital status and
- Change of course or
- Place of study
You will need to take the following to the Police so they can make the relevant changes to your certificate:
(1) A completed from (you will find this on our website
(2) Your current Police Registration Certificate and a copy for the police to keep. You will always need to provide your Police Registration Certificate even if it is from a different area.
(3) Copies of your documents
Which documents you need, will depend on what change you are reporting to the Police. They will also need copies of the documents you provide. For example
- Copy of the tenancy agreement for a new address,
- Enrolment letter for a new course of study,
- New visa (BRP card)
- Marriage certificate for a change of name etc.
You need to have the originals available as well in case the police want to see them too.