Change of Circumstances
Once you have registered, with the Police, you must inform them if details recorded on your certificate become out of date. These changes must be reported within 7 days of the change happening, this includes an extension of your visa.
Other relevant changes in circumstances include:
- Changes to passport details (e.g. when you get a new passport),
- Name, marital status and
- Change of course or
- Place of study
You will need to take the following to the Police so they can make the relevant changes to your certificate:
(1) A completed from (you will find this on our website
(2) Your current Police Registration Certificate and a copy for the police to keep. You will always need to provide your Police Registration Certificate even if it is from a different area.
(3) Copies of your documents
Which documents you need, will depend on what change you are reporting to the Police. They will also need copies of the documents you provide. For example
- Copy of the tenancy agreement for a new address,
- Enrolment letter for a new course of study,
- New visa (BRP card)
- Marriage certificate for a change of name etc.
You need to have the originals available as well in case the police want to see them too.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT PRINTING CREDITS ON YOUR STUDENT ID CARDS.
PRINTING CREDITS CAN BE OBTAINED FROM PRINT SERVICES RECEPTION IN HERBERT MANZONI BUILDING.