San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Featuring The Coopers, Harry George Johns and Jasmine Kennedy, and Special Guests... Tickets £7.50 from the Love Arts Leeds box office.
Love Music Leeds believes that music can have a positive effect on wellbeing. To celebrate this and to invite conversation around mental health issues, they are asking us to nominate a song that has been beneficial to our mental health and to share a part of our story.
They have 10 artists lined up to record a song a month for 10 months, released as they are recorded and then compiled into a full album in October as part of Love Arts Leeds festival. And they're making a film of the journey too! Check out the tracks released so far:
Money raised from the project will go to music therapy for mental health services.
The Coopers play happy folk sung by happy folk, with a twist of pop thrown in for good measure. The Coopers formed when two small town Aussies left home in search of new sounds, picking up an Englishman and a Greek along the way. Shortly after being discovered busking by a BBC producer, The Coopers big break came when their first single “Ripples” was picked up by hit comedy “The Inbetweeners”.
They won the 2011 Futuresound competition, putting them on stage at the Leeds and Reading Festivals; subsequently they were featured on BBC Introducing. Their live performances are full of energy, unexpected arrangements and a healthy dose of good ol’ fashioned gumption! Adopting a motley toy box of instruments ranging from a polystyrene chipbox to a rainbow family of ceramic bells, The Coopers will never fail to leave you feeling like they’ve lightened your load. Their debut EP “Paint it Blue and Throw it in the Sea” was released in 2012: a healthy dose of quirky pop, a twist of indie, a slice of folk, and enough sunshine to bring the summer into full swing. These are get-up-and-go songs about love worth holding onto, life worth chasing and keeping it simple.
Harry George Johns has seen it all musically playing with the likes of Dinosaur Pile Up and Old Romantic Killer Band. In winter 2011: "I had an actual breakdown. Homeless, jobless, girlfriendless; I stayed on my friends' sofa and borrowed food and some microphones and made 'Post-Breakdown Blues'". Previously known for his raucous on and off stage antics, touring all over the world with bands like Supergrass, Sunshine Underground, Therapy and Von Bondies, as well as playing at Leeds and Reading festival in the UK and SXSW in Texas, Harry's new material sees him produce his most honest work to date. With these new songs, Harry has drawn upon influences like the bluesey big voices of Taj Mahal, Joe Cocker, Son House and Robert Plant combined with the tenderness of Ryan Adams and John Martyn.
Jasmine Kennedy is a friend of Live At All Hallows. She sings from the heart; her lyrics a collection of throw away observations and bittersweet tales from the teenage heart which possess a remarkable power to stun an audience in to silence. Potentially the next Tracy Chapman, this 19-year-old has immense talent and an endearing charm. In between recording for her new album, she found time to record a beautiful cover of Deacon Blue's Dignity for Love Music Leeds: a tweet about the cover got Ricky Ross's attention and lead to Jasmine jamming with him when he recently played in Leeds.
When & Where
LIVE AT ALL HALLOWS
We are a bunch of friends who run gigs together in a friendly, acoustically wonderful open & diverse church in Hyde Park Leeds. We like music and musicians and wanted to hear even more live. Come and join us?
We tweet at @liveatallhallow
Facebook page www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
Spotify playlist at http://open.spotify.com/user/stevethack/playlist/78jsQHUrIS8Cf2IrVyd2ON
Email us at: liveatallhallows (at) gmail (dot) com
Note that eventbrite is an electronic ticketing service: you WILL NOT BE SENT A PAPER TICKET in the post. You will receive an email with a pdf ticket attached; in order to reduce paper waste we'd encourage you to use the eventbrite app or bring the confirmation email on a smart phone, or alternatively bring your order number and the name in which the tickets were purchased. Thanks..
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Live At All Hallows:
- Right of admission reserved.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who disrupts the event in any way.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Tickets may be transferred to another name with the agreement of the promoter. Contact us via Eventbrite.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- No electronic cigarettes or similar allowed in the venue.