Actions and Detail Panel
LSAB-OPCC Conference 2017 - Making Safeguarding Personal for People with Le...
Wed 29 March 2017, 08:30 – 16:00 BST
The 2017 LSAB-OPCC Annual Conference, 'Making Safeguarding Personal for People with Learning Difficulties', will be held on 29th March and will feature the following speakers:
- Dr Margaret Flynn - Author of the Independent Review into Winterbourne View, Chair of the National Independent Safeguarding Board in Wales
- Tim-Spencer Lane, Law Commission for England and Wales
- Blue Apple Theatre Company will be performing - they were founded in 2005 as part of Winchester Mencap, and produce high quality theatre, dance and film with the aim of challenging prejudice and transforming the lives of people with a learning disability.
- Tim Cole, Senior District Crown Prosecutor for Wessex CPS
- Nancy Hawkins - An Isle of Wight and Hampshire Registered Intermediary
- IW Healthwatch launching their Mate Crime DVD
A full agenda will be released closer to the day. Free on site parking and lunch will be provided.
BOOKING EXTENDED TO MIDDAY 24TH MARCH
This events is open to Partners and Professionals based on the Isle of Wight and the South Coast. The event will be FREE for Isle of Wight Partner Agencies and their staff. Free tickets can be booked via this site. If you do not qualify for a free ticket but would like to attend, we have a limited number of tickets at £40. Please contact Emma.Coleman@iow.gov.uk to book your place. If you are unsure whether you qualify for a free ticket, please feel free to contact us.
Please note there will be a charge of £40 for non-attendance, so please remember to cancel your ticket if you are unable to attend.