LSCB Competency Framework 'Strengthening Practice - Supporting Safer Organisations' Saturday 11th March 2017
Saturday, 11 March 2017 from 10:00 to 16:00 (GMT)
The learning for the day will be underpinned by consideration of the LSCB Competency Framework Group 7 & 8 Competencies that consider organisational governance.
Who should attend this training?
- Organisational leads who have previously attended the Safeguarding Learning Strategy Briefing session.
- Childminders and stand alone practitioners (private tutors / coaches etc) who work independently and not within an organisation, who have attended the 1 day briefing session.
- Organisational leads who have a broad understanding of the LSCB Competency Framework (information can be accessed here. http://lrsb.org.uk/competency-framework-overview
If you would like to attend a briefing sessions please book onto a session via http://www.lcitylscb.org/information-for-practitioners/training/
The session will deliver learning under the theme of 'Strengthening Practice - Supporting Safer Organisations' that will support organisational practice and share learning that can be used in your own organisations.
The session will allow opportunity for networking and sharing good practice with other organisations.
The session was developed initially for Early Years sector; however we have opened the session up all sectors to share learning. Therefore some of the practice examples may focus on early years; however learning around safe working practices will support all sectors.
The session will include
- Opportunity to self-assess your competency in your organisational context.
- Consideration of learning from Serious Case Reviews
- Disguised compliance & resistance.
- How can we support and strengthen practice in organisations - (Role of the LADO (Local Area Designated Officer - managing allegations against professionals),
- Network and share ideas and information / Meet with Early Years Leads Representatives
- Opportunity to ask questions, seek advice and network.
Non attendance charge:
Please be aware when booking this training event that the LSCB operates a charging policy of £50 for non attendance / cancellations with less than 24 hours notice. Find out more about the charges on this webpage.