San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Making her third appearance at Live At All Hallows, but her first with a full band, is Derby songstress Lucy Ward. Performing both self-penned and traditional material, she won the Horizon Award at the 2012 BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards and was nominated as Folk Singer of the Year at the 2014 Awards. Lucy's sophomore album "Single Flame" is LAAH founder Steve Thackray's album of 2013, and has garnered rave reviews, but it's her live performances that have made her one of the hottest acts in Britfolk, and why we're very excited to have her playing for us once more.
For her April 14 tour she has recruited a stellar collection of musicians for her band: O'Hooley and Tidow, Joy Gravestock (Orchestral fiddler), Sam Pegg (bassist) & Steve Maclachlan from The Willows on percussion.
Support comes from Atlum Schema: aka Andy Mort. Described as "electro-political folk" by the Guardian, Andy's another Live At All Hallows team favourite. His new album Year 0 is out in March 14, about which he says "Year 0 came together over just two weeks in the summer of 2013. It confronts themes of loss, the frailty of the human body, the potential strength of human spirit and the absurd attention and importance we collectively give to futile things. Initially intended as a stripped back, acoustic record, it grew through the recording process into an ambient spirited, reflective, electronic exploration of the human condition. It is about discovering in the past the inescapable clues to the mysteries of the future, and the idea that every moment that passes by is another opportunity to weave something new."
Listen here http://music.sheepdressedlikewolves.com
‘F*** ME!! Passionate, gorgeous epic songwriting: a MAJOR new talent’ - Tom Robinson (BBC 6 Music)
‘Atmospheric, sweeping soundscapes and haunting lyrics, fine contemporary music, we can’t recommend it enough.’ - Elegant Savages Magazine
‘Andy’s daring and innovative approach to creating and releasing modern music has proved him and his alter-ego Atlum Schema to be a bright beacon in the depths of British music today – watch out.’ - Bearded Magazine
Here is the first single to be release from Year 0, Help Me (If you can)
Tickets £8 advance, £10 on the door. Available here and will at Jumbo Records, Leeds in due course.
When & Where
LIVE AT ALL HALLOWS
We are a bunch of friends who run gigs together in a friendly, acoustically wonderful open & diverse church in Hyde Park Leeds. We like music and musicians and wanted to hear even more live. Come and join us?
We tweet at @liveatallhallow
Facebook page www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
Spotify playlist at http://open.spotify.com/user/stevethack/playlist/78jsQHUrIS8Cf2IrVyd2ON
Email us at: liveatallhallows (at) gmail (dot) com
Note that eventbrite is an electronic ticketing service: you WILL NOT BE SENT A PAPER TICKET in the post. You will receive an email with a pdf ticket attached; in order to reduce paper waste we'd encourage you to use the eventbrite app or bring the confirmation email on a smart phone, or alternatively bring your order number and the name in which the tickets were purchased. Thanks..
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Live At All Hallows:
- Right of admission reserved.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who disrupts the event in any way.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Tickets may be transferred to another name with the agreement of the promoter. Contact us via Eventbrite.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- No electronic cigarettes or similar allowed in the venue.