Please note - to come along to a taster session, you must be a student, currently studying in London. You may also come if you have graduated from a University of London College, or are a member of staff at a UoL College.
SCHEDULE OF SESSON
6:30pm - turn up at EnergyBase with ticket from here on phone/printed and pay the taster session fee.
If you are a UoL Student then please get your free student central membership first as this reduces the price of the Taster Session. The Taster Session for UoL Student Central registered memberships will be £10, but we will refund £5 if you join, so keep your receipt.
If you are a member of staff or a student outside of the UoL you will need to pay £40 for a student central membership if you wish to join, so we advise instead you don't join Student Central before coming, but instead pay £14 for the taster session, and again we will refund £5 if you join.
If you are thinking of joing the gym at Student Central, hold off because we get a discount for our members which we'll release more information about once fully confirmed.
6:45pm - get changed
7pm - have a swim, have fun and follow the coaches instructions.
8pm - session finishes
8:30pm onwards - drinks in upstairs bar to meet your fellow swimmers and ask questions about the club.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a friendly, student run, swimming team. We cater for all swimming abilities and as long as you can swim, you can join. We DO NOT run "swimming lessons".
We train Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 7-8pm, Wednesday, 2:30-4pm, Saturday 4-5pm & 7-9pm at EnergyBase.
Competitive swimmers are able to access further training near BUCS events.
The membership fee is £60 for UoL students and £75 for Non UoL students for the year with a cost, which is currently being negotiated for additional cost for pool time, overall we offer a membership that offers excellent value as we are looking to charge you no more than the eqv of 50p an hour of swimming.
We train in Central London at Student Central in the Bloombury Campus, so easily accessible by tube/walking for the majority of students in London.
- Opportunity to compete in 3 friendly galas a year for all members (and if they are out of London we will subsidise the accomodation cost).
- Swimmers selected to represent the University of London at BUCS in Sheffield are given free accomodation and 50% off their train ticket back, making the membership even better value for money.
- On the run up to BUCS, we train at the Olympic Pool, for no additional cost to members.
- 6.5 hours of coaching a week for competitive swimmers, 4 for non-competitive.
- Summer vacation with the team (self funded).
- Two highly qualified coaches pushing to you make your personal best times and/or improve technique.