Actions and Detail Panel
'Magnificent Eight' Know Your Finance: FREE Taster Workshops!
Fri 14 October 2016, 10:00 – 12:00 BST
Gillian Clarke, GDC Bookkeeping, is a fully qualified bookkeeper registered with the ICB with over 30 years’ experience in bookkeeping/ accounting and has run her own bookkeeping practice for over 15 years. Previously, Gillian has worked in accountancy roles in major UK/US and German companies, including AON, Monsanto and Bosch. She also has considerable experience in private practice. Now working with SMEs, she provides the complete bookkeeping service and advises on set up and maintenance of accounting software systems.
With this taster workshop you will receive bookkeeping and accounting advice aimed at businesses from pre-start up through to first year of accounts preparation. You will be given insight into the legal and practical aspects of accounting and the keeping of financial records.
WHAT IS BOOKKEEPING/ACCOUNTING?
- Legal requirements for accounting records.
- The difference between financial and management accounts.
- Accounting software and choosing the correct one for your business.
- The differences between being a company and a sole trader.
- What is an accounting period?
- Allowable expenses.
- VAT and VAT rules. (Including reaching the VAT threshold and schemes available).
- Making the decision whether to do your own books, employ a member of staff or use a self- employed bookkeeper.