Makaton in Worship PMiW D1-JSA
Makaton training days have been developed in partnership between The Makaton Charity and Prospects. They enable people to take part in worship and prayer more fully in their daily lives and also learn about Jesus.
The training is for everyone interested in learning Makaton signing as a tool to worship God.
Who is invited?
- People involved with Prospects Groups
- People with learning disabilities and/or their:
- Carers and Helpers
- Friends and Family
- Church members of all ages
The Aims are to:
- Enhance communication skills
- Learn vocabulary which can be used in daily living
- Learn specialised vocabulary of Christian signs and symbols
- Create opportunities for worship and teaching using signs and symbols.
The training days are interactive with plenty of opportunities to use signs and symbols.
D1-JSA Makaton vocabulary for:
- some songs from ‘Jesus the Start of it All’
- the Lord's Prayer
- ‘Samuel and Eli’ Bible story
Each participant receives:
- Delegate’s Handbook
- Certificate of Attendance
The training days are led by licensed Makaton Tutors