Actions and Detail Panel
Make Every Contact Count (MECC) - Livewell Southwest
Tue 31 October 2017, 09:30 – 13:30 GMT
Make Every Contact Count (MECC) is an interactive and practical course that enables participants to become more confident to play their part in improving the health of their community, workplace or organisation.
MECC Training Outcomes
By the end of the training participants will:
• Have a better understanding of healthier lifestyles;
• Be aware of the key health issues in Plymouth;
• Have a better understanding of how lifestyles can be improved and protected;
• Develop confidence and skills to talk about healthier lifestyles in your everyday life and working practices;
• Have a better understanding of what motivates us to change;
• Be more confident in improving the health of your community, workplace or voluntary organisation;
• Be more able to identify and signpost to local services that can be used to support healthy lifestyles;
• Be more able to appreciate equality of esteem between physical and mental health and the mind/body relationships;
• Raise awareness about stigma and discrimination of mental health issues.
Who can attend?
• Individuals, carers, veterans & serving personnel, community groups, teams or organisations, including those working or caring in community, voluntary, health & social care services and education
• Anyone aged 16 or over
• Anyone living or working in or around the Plymouth.
How much does MECC cost?
Training is delivered free of charge.
If you have any further queries or problems please contact us on 01752 437177 or email Livewell.firstname.lastname@example.org