Actions and Detail Panel
Make it happen: from a brainwave to a business - Ride the Wave
Thu 18 May 2017, 09:15 – 16:30 BST
Make it happen: from a brainwave to a business
If you have a fantastic idea but aren’t sure how to go about turning it into a profitable business, this workshop is for you. It’s designed for anyone in the planning stages of their new business, and will help you develop the essential skills and knowledge to set it up.
The workshop will include:
• Pricing: how to price correctly, understand profit and loss and maintain your cash flow
• Marketing: how to identify your target market and why they’ll want to buy from you
• Networking: tips on how to do it and why it’s vital
• Accountancy: a session with an accountant covering vital information on business structure and tax
• A peer support session where you can share ideas and solve problems with other fledgling businesses
• Where to go for business support
• A one-hour mentoring session with a business expert of your choice, after the workshop
The workshop will be run by Wes Game of Let’s Do Business Group, a multi-award winning Enterprise Agency. Wes has worked with both new and established businesses for 20 years, helping them develop and grow. Wes currently delivers business start-up training as well as one-to-one mentoring and advice to newly set up businesses.
Lisa Westbury, co-founder of Generate Partnership, will be leading the peer support session.
Please note lunch will not be included.
We have a small number of fully subsidised places for this workshop for those unable to afford a ticket. If this applies to you or someone you know, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT RIDE THE WAVE 2017
Ride the Wave is a series of affordable events to support every business, from those just starting out to established companies.
The programme includes practical, interactive workshops and peer support, as well as expert mentoring in a subject of your choice.
For the full programme line up visit http://www.businessinbrighton.org.uk/ridethewave.
Cancellation policy: Places are limited and events usually oversubscribed. Please give 2 working days' notice via email or you must pay for your place in full.
Copy by The Sentence Works
Design by REBORN