Actions and Detail Panel
Making Activities Deaf-friendly training, London
Wed 6 December 2017, 10:30 – 13:30 GMT
Our Making Activities Deaf-friendly (MADF) course is available to leaders and coaches working with children and young people.
The training courses provide professionals and volunteers with the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of deafness and to learn how to genuinely include deaf children and young people in their activities.
We run our courses across the UK and offer places at a subsidised cost to both professionals and volunteers within their clubs.
What is covered in the training?
Courses are 3.5 hours long and topics covered include;
- Introduction to the National Deaf Children's Society and our Inclusive Activities work
- Deafness - what is it and how does it impact on deaf children?
- Communication - learn top tips for communicating with deaf children, including the fingerspelling alphabet and some basic British Sign Language
- Technology - find out about the aids and equipment that deaf children use
- Health and safety
- How to adapt activities - learn some deaf friendly games that you can use with your group
You will also receive resources and a training pack that you can take away with you.
How much does it cost?
£60 standard charge
£30 for voluntary organisations
Payable via credit/debit card, cheque and invoice.
What are my transport options for getting to and from the event?
The event will be hosted at the NDCS head office in London. The nearest underground station is Old Street; a 5 minute walk away.
There are no car parks directly on site. You can find information about local car parking here.
Are refreshments available?
Yes, tea, coffee and water will be provided.
Can I give my place to a friend or colleague if I can't come?
Yes, however you must notify us in advance, at least 5 days before the workshop takes place via firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I need to cancel?
In the event the
Delegate cancels 20 working days or less before the planned date, a charge of 100% of the total cost will be made
Delegate cancels 21 - 30 working days before the planned date, a charge of 50% will be made
Delegate cancels 31 working days before the planned date, no charge will be made.