Making an impact – your profession, your conference
We know great internal communication makes a difference. And that’s why this conference is about giving you the opportunity to learn from others, share ideas and leave confident with the knowledge and skills to make an impact in your day job.
Getting the buy in and proving your value can make all the difference between good internal comms and great internal comms.
And that’s the thinking behind our internal communication conference this year.
The theme – Making an impact
This year at our annual internal comms conference we’ve invited award-winning internal communicators, who are just like you, and who have made an impact in their organisations through the determined application of their knowledge and skills whilst confidently advising and directing the communications in their businesses and organisations.
It’s set to be a day full of ideas and inspiration from professionals who are working in internal communication, facing the challenges that many of us face, but overcoming them and sharing just how they have successfully affected their businesses with great comms.
When and where is it?
Date: Tuesday 13 October 2015
Time: 08:30 to 17:00 – Kicking off with a networking breakfast, with the conference starting at 10.00
Location: 8 Northumberland Avenue, London
What you want
Feedback from last year’s conference, other events and our survey from last year told us that you want to hear from other professionals, you want to know what other people in your position are doing and how are they making internal communication work in their organisations.
So we’ve brought together a group of award-winning comms professionals to share what they do. Real life examples of their work and how it’s made an impact,
From reaching off-line audiences with traditional methods at Tata Steel, using social and intranet tools to facilitate Oxfam’s biggest change programme in 70 years or using video to engage and inspire conversations at Clarks we’ve brought together a group of inspiring professionals who have delivered results and will tell us how they did it.
All Things IC - Rachel Miller, Founder
Clarks - Sarah Purdie
GSK - Janet Morgan, Director, Global content strategy and planning
Laughology - Stephanie Davies
Lockheed Martin - John Neilson
Oxfam - Saskia Jones
PR Academy - Kevin Ruck, Founding Director
Tata Steel - Tim Rutter
Wheatley Group - Wendy Jordan, Group Communications Officer
You can read more about what the speakers will be sharing on our website here.
How will the conference work on the day?
The CIPR Inside annual internal communication conference is one of the biggest in our industry. This year we are building upon the sell-out success of last year’s event.
1. Practical case studies and expert lightning talks
You will enjoy a mix of short case studies and lightning talks where speakers will share their knowledge, advice and tips to take away.
2. Open discussion sessions
There will also be two discussion sessions, where the audience will be invited to take part, share their ideas and experiences.
Two essential parts of the successful comms armoury are channels and measurement. Both reliant on each other, and both central to making an impact and showing it. These will be the basis of our open discussion sessions.
- Channels – how do we manage the many channels available to us and effectively reach our people? In a world where there are so many channels to choose from, so much competing for people’s time, attention and ultimately their actions, how do we make the best decisions for our organisations?
- Measurement – how do you build measurement in at the very start of planning? Making sure your ‘why’ is central to your measures, and of course getting the measures aligned to the corporate objectives. With Kevin Ruck, measurement expert and PR Academy director and lecturer leading us through murky waters of measurement to deliver clear and meaningful outcomes.
What you will take away from the day
1. Know what other organisations are doing and how they are making an impact with their internal communication.
2. Top tips, ideas and inspiration that you can put into action with your teams.
3. Practical advice and insights into channels and measurement helping you to add the value and demonstrate the impact of your internal communication.
4. One of the best things about attending the internal comms conference is time away from the office to think, be inspired, meet other professionals, network, share ideas and learn something new
When & Where
CIPR Inside is the specialist group of the Chartered Institute for Public Relations. The group is for internal communication and employee engagement professionals. As part of the only chartered organisation for communications professionals we benefit from the knowledge, support and training that that organisation provides. It connects internal and external communication, in line with the belief that communication should be integrated and joined up.
Raising professional standards and sharing best practice is a core aim of the group and institute. When joining the CIPR you can select to join the CIPR Inside group. As a member you get special rates for events, training and workshops, to help you continue your professional development throughout your career. Professionalism and current knowledge are critical to delivering excellent and strategic communications.
Our members have access to the knowledge, support and training that being part of a chartered organisation brings.
We follow the CIPR terms and conditions which you can read here http://www.cipr.co.uk/terms When making a booking you are accepting these terms and conditions.
We do not provide refunds in the week before the event.