Actions and Detail Panel
Making Every Contact Count Training - Ealing
Wed, 3 May 2017, 09:30
- Wednesday 3rd May 2017 9.30-12.30, Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing W5 2HL - open
- Thursday 1st June 2017 9.30-12.30, Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing W5 2HL - open
- Follow-up group: Friday 5th May 2017 2-4pm, Perceval House, 14-16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing W5 2HL - refresher and follow-up for anyone that's already done the training
Help improve people's lives with a very brief health chat
Making Every Contact Count is about all of us doing a little to address people’s lifestyles in order to reduce the burden of preventable conditions like cardiovascular, respiratory and liver diseases, diabetes and cancers. The method is evidence-based and in line with NICE guidance on behaviour change.
This free 3 hour interactive course is for all NHS, Council and Voluntary Sector staff working in Ealing. The training will give you the skills and confidence to...
1. ask people about:
2. give some simple 'nuggets' of advice
3. direct them to further information and support
...all in a way that helps them take control of their own lives and make positive lifestyle changes
If you've already done the training there is a follow-up group meeting from 2-4 on Friday 5th May - please book here.
Making Every Contact Count is supported by the following national bodies:
- Public Health England
- NHS England
- Health Education England
- Royal Society for Public Health
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
- Association of Directors of Public Health
- NHS Employers
- Royal College of Nursing
- Local Government Association Care Quality Commission