The venue will be in Newcastle City Centre, close the Monument Metro Station. The exact venue will confirmed two weeks before the start of the first workshop when numbers are confirmed (previous classes have taken place at function rooms at the Tyneside Cinema, Newcastle City Library, and MEA House)
This will be the first workshop of four consecutive weekly workshops which will take place on Thursday evenings. Each workshop is 90 minutes long. The price is £85.55 in total, payable on the first week, for all four workshops.
Mind Management Workshops
1. The Road to Anxiety - November 3rd 2016.
2. Calming the Mind - November 10th 2016
3. Dealing with Anxious Thoughts and Feelings - November 17th 2016
4. Taking Action - November 24th 2016
The course is for designed for anyone who experiences anxiety in the form of excessive worrying, feelings or fear, or rumination; and also for those who feel stuck in life, and lack the motivation or the self-confidence to get things done and move forward. Anxiety is unavoidable, but this course will teach you how to change your relationship with it in order to stop it guiding your actions when it's not to your benefit. Throughout the course you will learn, at your own pace, a set of simple yet powerful practices that you can incorporate into everyday life to help break the cycle of anxiety, stress, unhappiness and exhaustion.
You'll be walked through the process step by step, with expert guidance all the way through and a course workbook with all the exercises and main points in detail.
Using referenced scientific and academic research, the course will teach you how to:
- Understand how and why anxiety develops
- Develop a mindset that will allow anxiety to work for you
- Create the foundation for a calm, confident, and peaceful mind
- Learn to effectively handle anxious thoughts and feelings
- Tame the voice in your head and reduce anxiety without losing your edge
- Eliminate and reduce the power of panic attacks
- Become unstuck and take action to create a fulfilling and meaningful life
The course is based on research and practices from mindfulness, health psychology, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
Sessions will be taken by Dr Matt Lewis. Matt holds a PhD. in psychology and is a former university academic who now delivers public and online courses in emotional well-being and personal development. He lectured in health psychology, exercise psychology, and mental health to undergraduate and postgraduate students, while also designing and delivering courses in mindfulness, positive psychology and Acceptance & Commitment Training (ACT) to the general public, trainers, teachers, and health professionals.
Please feel free to ask me any questions.
For more details please see Dr.MattLewis.com