Management First Steps
Securing a position as a new manager requires more than being good at your current role, but a new skill set is required. You will need to be confident in managing others, delegation, making decisions and building an environment where your team can work effectively together.
Top 6 challenges that new managers face
• Setting clear expectations and goals for team and its members
• Transitioning from co-worker to boss
• Effective promotion of team productivity
• Changing focus from accomplishing tasks to helping others to accomplish tasks
• Feeling the pressure to perform
• Effective business communication
This programme is designed with the challenges of the new manager in mind, addressing the most salient issues that the new manager will face. Providing a forum for exploring these challenges with other new managers, with expert leadership and management facilitators experienced in these challenges.
What will you achieve on this programme?
- Gain an understanding of the characteristics and skill set of highly effective managers.
- Gain a sound understanding of how to manage performance in such a way as to get the very best from your people.
- Awareness of tools and techniques for developing a motivated and cohesive team and its individual members.
- Self awareness as a manager, and action planning for further development