The course content is based upon the official TSO MoP manual. MoP helps provide the tools to enable organisations to answer the fundamental question ‘Are we sure this investment is right for us and how will it contribute to our strategic objectives?’
MoP is structured around five flexible principles within which two cycles and 12 portfolio management practices exist. Unlike most methods, all portfolio management principles, cycles and practices are used at the same time albeit at varying levels of intensity, depending on the organization and the environment in which it works. The course walks you through each principle, cycle and practice explaining the theory in detail at the same time as backing theory up with real world examples and useful ‘keys to success’.
Who should take the course?
This course is aimed at any organisation or individual seeking to develop their skills in Portfolio Management. It is suitable for senior managers and decision makers, practitioners involved with Programme or Project Management and Change Management.
This course will provide advice and insights that will help design an appropriate portfolio management roadmap that will be suitable for your organization and one that you will get immediate value from.
As an organisation you not only need to ensure that Projects or Programmes are run correctly but also give adequate consideration to your Portfolio, this ensures that your investment goes into the right initiatives at the right time and thus deliver the right results.
This course will provide immediate value to delegates in the form of:
- More of the ‘right’ programmes and projects being undertaken
- Removal of redundant, duplicate and poorly performing programmes and projects
- More effective implementation of programmes and projects via consistent approaches and improved dependency management
- More efficient resource utilisation
- Better management of risk at a collective level
- Greater benefits realisation and return on investment
- Enhanced transparency, accountability and corporate governance
- Improved engagement and communication between senior management and staff