Actions and Detail Panel
Manager Masterclass: Delegation & Empowerment
Fri 2 December 2016, 09:30 – 12:30 GMT
Reasons why people don’t delegate include the fear that someone else will do it better, lack of trust, fear of rejection or they're simply not sure how to delegate.
Delegation is at the heart of good management and this workshop will help you break the ‘vicious circle’ of poor delegation, so you can take a fresh look at your style and task list. It will cover:
• What delegation is/isn’t
• Blockers to effective delegation
• Areas that can be delegated and to whom
• Rules of good delegation
• Coaching for success when it goes wrong
• Using the ‘Pygmalion’ effect to empower others
• ‘Stop, start, continue’ - areas to take away to work on
As you leave this workshop with new skills and know-how, you’ll be looking for opportunities to practice the art of effective delegation with renewed vigour.