Actions and Detail Panel
Managing Absence Training Course
Wed 10 May 2017, 09:15 – 16:00 BST
Managing Absence Course
Struggling to get employees to attend work regularly? Unsure as to how to deal with individuals who are off with ongoing medical complaints? Trying to decide what quantity of sick leave is unacceptable?
Who is this course for?
This course is designed to provide you with practical solutions to maximise attendance at work and deal with persistent sporadic offenders and ongoing absence issues. No previous HR experience is necessary.
1 day course
What will I Learn
- You will be able to proactively monitor, manage and review short term absences and know when to take action
- You will be able to set up a trigger point system in order to maximise attendance at work
- You will be familiar and confident with the legislation requirements surrounding absence and disabilities
- You will understand the process for managing longer term absences including ending the employment relationship where necessary
- Absence management – what is it?
- The legislation surrounding absence
- Rights to Unfair Dismissal
- The Equality Act 2010 and Disability Discrimination
- Termination of employment and notice periods
- Absence management systems
- Documentation and policies
- Absence trigger points for reviewing
- Communicating expected standards
- Holding ‘effective’ return to work interviews
- Managing sickness absence
- Short and long term
- Dealing with sickness is an ‘allowance not an entitlement’ attitude
- When and what to obtain in terms of medical input
- What are the risks and what happens when things go wrong
- Case law examples and practical exercises