Actions and Detail Panel
Managing Cash Flow
Thu 10 November 2016, 09:30 – 15:30 GMT
This one day course would suit managers or business owners who are responsible for managing the cash position of a business including cash flow forecasting and addressing periods of surplus cash or deficits.
It would also benefit those responsible for the credit control function of a business to highlight how this affects the cash position and how improvements can be made in this area.
- Explains the importance of cash in a business
- Reviews how the timing of cashflows can affect a business position
- Illustrates how to prepare a cash flow forecast on a monthly basis
- Identifies the importance of comparing budgeted to actual cashflows
- Why and how the differences (variances) should be investigated and potential reasons for the variances
- Courses of action to eliminate these variances
- Highlights the risks involved with offering credit terms to customers and the effect on cashflow.
- Methods of effectively assessing a customer’s creditworthiness
- How to safeguard against non payment by credit customers
- Developing effective strategies to deal with late payers