Managing Local Authority Heritage Assets - East of England
Wednesday, 21 June 2017 from 09:30 to 16:00
This course is based on the recently published guidance 'Managing Local Authority Heritage Assets'. The course is aimed at Asset Managers, Estate Surveyors, Facilities Managers, Planners and anyone engaged with the maintenance and management of Listed Buildings in Local Authority ownership.
Calling on a range of expert speakers from the Property and Heritage sectors, the course is designed to introduce managers to the variety of historic buildings and sites, the existing tools for good practice and how to achieve benefits from the historic estate.
- Understanding the range of heritage assets and signposting where to go for further information on these.
- Understanding of a framework of ‘best practice’ in managing heritage assets and how heritage can be integrated into asset management plans (AMPs).
- An understanding of options for ‘action’ for heritage buildings including understanding of the conservation and maintenance aspects of heritage buildings, continuing use, alternative use.
- An understanding of options for ‘disposal’ for heritage buildings including understanding sale and transfer of day-to-day management and other partnerships, recipients, and the steps taken to safeguard the heritage interest after transfer.
- Tools for management and recording.
Terms and Conditions
Booking is essential for all courses as places are limited. Please note that we are initially only able to allocate 2 places per organisation.
Please note, these training events are provided free of charge by Historic England, and places are at a premium. You can send a replacement or notify us by e mail if you book and then can’t attend. Non-attendance will incur a fee of £150 unless you contact us at least 5 days in advance.
Please also be aware photography or filming may take place at events for promotional use.
We use the Eventbrite online booking service to make it easier for you book onto our events. If you don’t want to book online using this service, please contact one of our Training Delivery Officers to request a booking form (email: helmbookings@HistoricEngland.org.uk)