Actions and Detail Panel
Managing mental illness in the workplace
Tue 20 June 2017, 09:00 – 12:00 BST
The thorny issue of managing mental ill health at work is challenging for all employers.
Knowing what mental health illnesses are, what to look out for in the workplace and understanding how you can manage individuals, teams and the business when stress or depression impacts performance are all important.
This Masterclass will deal with the legal framework and provide practical guidance on managing attendance and performance issues as well as looking in detail at workplace adjustments and support.
Delivered in two parts this Masterclass will cover
Part One: The legal overview - Torque Law
- Recap on key principles from the Equality Act
- Overview of recent case law looking at stress v depression
- Top tips for managing absence effectively and getting employees back to work
- Tricky related topics: sickness and holidays; permanent health insurance – case law developments in both areas
Part Two: Practical insight - York Mind
- Tell-tale signs of mental illness
- The hidden cost to employers
- How to stay mentally well at work and in life
- The help available to employers and employees through Mind and how to access it
If you’re an HR Director or Manager, HR Professional, business owner or someone resposnible for staff welfare, this Masterclass will provide you with information and guidance on how to deal with mental ill health in the workplace.